Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag Review February 2014

I got my first Ipsy Glam Bag in the mail today!   I am so excited to tell you all about it, especially since it's only $10 each month to receive FIVE beauty products and a cosmetic bag in the mail!  Ya'll, that $10 even includes shipping!  I found Ipsy Glam Bags while checking out Stitch Fix reviews on blogs.  A blogger also reviewed a Glam Bag, and I used her referral link to sign up for my own.  Here's a tip:  There is a wait time before receiving your first bag after signing up.  But if you share your Ipsy account with your facebook page, the wait time goes away and you can get your first bag the very next month.


Before I go any further, I want to share my referral link:  CLICK HERE.





What is an Ipsy Glam Bag, you ask?

Michelle Phan started out doing Youtube video tutorials.  She was constantly asked the question: "What are the right products for me?"  I totally understand that question, since I've asked it myself.  Choosing the best items for your needs can be a challenge! That was why Michelle created ipsy. Michelle and her team of stylists have selected products they love, for you to try.

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.

When you sign up, you take a beauty quiz, asking all about your skin tone, beauty preferences, favorite brands, skill level, etc.  I love this service, because I never buy new beauty products.  I've used the same tube of mascara since I quit work and started staying home.  I never wear makeup, because it's not fun for me.  All of that has changed since signing up for Glam Bags!

I can't tell you how excited I am about primping a little, especially since I've got some nice new clothes from Stitch Fix (link) to wear too!

Ipsy is also very involved with social media:

  1. Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date.
  2. Explore beauty Looks on ipsy.com and enter monthly "Look Challenges" to win prizes.
  3. Subscribe to the monthly Glam Bag... it's just $10/month and packed with beauty products.
  4. Reveal exclusive offers from leading brands in your personalized Glam Room.
  5. Tell your friends about ipsy by using your unique ipsyPoints referral link.




 

The Review

I received an email the second week of February, letting me know that my February bag shipped.  They provided me with a DHL tracking number, which was transferred for delivery by my local post office.   My Glam Bag was delivered exactly two days after receiving my tracking info.  This is the stock photo of the February glam bag.  I knew that I would probably get different products than pictured, since each glam bag is customized for your needs, skin tone, product preferences, etc.




 

 

First Item: Pink cosmetic bag with pink cheetah print lining

I really expected this bag to be poor quality, since the entire Glam Bag was only $10, and that included shipping.  But, this is really nice!   I feel like it would hold up well to being carried in my purse.






Second Item:  Plump Pout Mini in Peony Petal



This lip gloss is so nice and luxurious!  It goes on very smooth, not sticky at all.  I usually don't wear lip gloss because the wind blows my hair onto my lips, and then my hair has gloss in it.   This feels so smooth and sheer, I don't think that would happen to me at all.   I feel like this is just right for my SAHM lifestyle.

The product can be purchased here, and it costs $16! Since this item was in my Glam Bag, I get 25% the retail price if I order this month.





Third item: Zoya Nail Enamel in Dot

 

This is the first item I used from my Glam Bag.   The color is very subtle, which I love.  I have stubby little nails, and don't care for dark polish on them.   I put on two coats, and after two days it looks as good as it did when it went on.  This polish is ultra long-wearing, vegan friendly, and contains no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, dibutal phthalate, or camphor.

You can buy this polish here, and it's $9-$10 per bottle.   Zoya is offering special discounts to Ipsy customers this month:  I get buy 2 nail laquers, get one free.  PLUS a $6.95 shipping credit.  PLUS a free bottle of remover.    AWESOME!




 

 Fourth Item:Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base In One in Violette



I love this creamy eyeshadow.  I also love that I don't have to use a base to make it stick to my eyes.  I don't have time to dig around for two different eyeshadow tubes.  I received this in the color 'Violette,' which is an Ipsy Glam Bag exclusive color!  How neat is that?  Eye Cordial's revolutionary formula glides on beguiling creamy color and sets to a transfer-resistant finish that doubles as a wear-extending base under powder shadow.

You can buy your own here.   Retail value for this tube is $18.  Tini Beauty is offering Ipsy customers 50% off their purchase, plus a free nail polish with every order.




 

Fifth Item: skyn ICELAND Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud

 

I'm sure I got this product because I indicated in my beauty quiz that I have extremely dry skin.  This 10-minute weekly treatment polishes and re-texturizes skin to reveal a luminous, youthful translucence for a fresh start.  Guys, you put on a clay mask, and then use an activating gel on top of that.  AND it effervesces with a warming sensation that oxygenates, clarifies and smoothes the complexion.

This product can be purchased here.  Retail value for this is  $39 for 6 treatments.  And skyn Iceland is giving Glam Bag recipients 50% off the first product, and 20% off subsequent products.  They also have free shipping on all orders over $25.  This is the discount I plan on using.




 

Sixth item:  J.Cat Beauty Eyelashes + Eyelash Glue

 

This is the item I thought I would never use.  It's not something I need, or care about.  BUT, I decided to expand my horizons and try it out for my Valentines Day date night.  Here is the nice thing about Ipsy:  I had no clue how to wear these, or apply these, or anything.  I was eyelash illiterate.   So I hopped onto my ipsy account and watched a couple of stylist video tutorials for applying them.  And it was so easy.  And fun!!!

You can buy these here, and you can take your pick from 30 styles that you won’t be able to resist.  Each includes an individual eyelash adhesive for endurance through a night on the town!  Each set of eyelashes is $3.99, comes with adhesive, and lasts for up to 10 uses.  Ipsy customers get 25% off their purchase, if they decide to buy these.  And I have to admit, it's fun to wear them!




 

My Thoughts

This was an awesome experience.   For just $10, I got at least $35 worth of product, including three full-size items (eyeshadow, nail polish, and eyelashes).  Plus I easily got double that amount in coupons and online discounts.  I've already ordered more face masque, and received half off my $40 masque set.

Is this worth my time and money? YES!   Will I continue to use this service?  YES, and I have no reservations about continuing this service indefinitely.





No comments:

Post a Comment