Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag Review March 2014

I got my second Glam Bag in the mail today!   I am a slacker and waited a couple weeks to post my review, but let me tell you.... that does not mean I'm not excited about what I received!!!   This month's bag was AWESOME!




Before I go any further, I want to share my referral link:  CLICK HERE to try Glam Bag for yourself! (Hint: Sharing Glam Bag on your facebook page allows you to skip the wait list.)





What is an Ipsy Glam Bag, you ask?

Michelle Phan started out doing Youtube video tutorials.  She was constantly asked the question: "What are the right products for me?"  I totally understand that question, since I've asked it myself.  Choosing the best items for your needs can be a challenge! That was why Michelle created ipsy. Michelle and her team of stylists have selected products they love, for you to try.

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.

When you sign up, you take a beauty quiz, asking all about your skin tone, beauty preferences, favorite brands, skill level, etc.  I love this service, because I never buy new beauty products.  I've used the same tube of mascara since I quit work and started staying home.  I never wear makeup, because it's not fun for me.  All of that has changed since signing up for Glam Bags!

I can't tell you how excited I am about primping a little, especially since I've got some nice new clothes from Stitch Fix (link) to wear too!

Ipsy is also very involved with social media:

  1. Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date.
  2. Explore beauty Looks on ipsy.com and enter monthly "Look Challenges" to win prizes.
  3. Subscribe to the monthly Glam Bag... it's just $10/month and packed with beauty products.
  4. Reveal exclusive offers from leading brands in your personalized Glam Room.
  5. Tell your friends about ipsy by using your unique ipsyPoints referral link.




 

The Review

I received an email the second week of March, letting me know that my bag shipped.  They provided me with a DHL tracking number, which was transferred for delivery by my local post office.   My Glam Bag was delivered two days after receiving my tracking info.  This is the stock photo of the March glam bag.  I knew that I would probably get different products than pictured, since each glam bag is customized for your needs, skin tone, product preferences, etc.




 

 

First Item: White abstract print cosmetic bag

I have to say, I am most impressed with these little cosmetic bags.   I can't get over how nice they are, especially at this price point.  The bag is a little smaller, but just by a teensy bit.  I have this bag already in my little cross-body purse that I carry to Disney.  (It's holding all my extra trading pins... but that's a post for another day)






Second Item:  Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready - by Bare Minerals




I've never tried Bare Minerals products, and so was interested to see how this compares to other lipsticks I use.  The color is really nice with my skin tone, but it feels a little dry on my lips.  I prefer a smooth lip gloss, or tinted lip balm.

The product can be purchased here, and it costs $18 for a full-size tube (I received a trial size). Since this item was in my Glam Bag, I get free shipping when I order, plus a trial size mascara for free.





Third item: OPI Roughles Nail Enamel in "On What Grounds"

 

Once again this month, the first item I used from my Glam Bag was the nail polish.  While last month's color was very subtle, this month I got a bright, saturated, Tiffany Blue color. Plus, it's speckled with little textured bits, revealing a neat pebbled finish when dry.  I've had the same polish on for a week now, and it's held up remarkable well.

You can buy this polish here, and it's $9-$10 per bottle.  I was kind of bummed that I didn't receive any kind of discount on another bottle, since I would love to buy this in petal pink or lavendar.  I can't complain too much though, since I received a full-size bottle in my Glam Bag.




 

 Fourth Item: Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad by Be a Bombshell



This was another full-size item in my bag.   I can't say too much about it, though.   These colors are not for me, and so I gave it to a friend who needed a little pick-me-up.  She really likes it though!  It's very long wearing, as it contains highly pigmented long lasting formula for all day wear.

You can buy your own here.   Retail value for this is $16.  Be a Bombshell is offering Ipsy customers 40% off their purchase, plus a fuschia lip crayon with every order.




 

Fifth Item: Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer

 

I've never tried a primer, but OH MY GOODNESS this stuff is amazing!! The Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer is loaded with skin loving ingredients.  FOrmula contains powerful ant-aging and skin fortifying benefits, and is suitable for all skin types.

This product can be purchased here.  Retail value for this is  $22 for full-size or $9 for a travel size (which is what I received).  And Pixi Beauty is giving Glam Bag recipients 25% off your order.




 

My Thoughts

This was an awesome experience.   For just $10, I got at least $35 worth of product, including two full-size items (eyeshadow, nail polish).  Plus I easily got double that amount in coupons and online discounts.

Is this worth my time and money? YES!   Will I continue to use this service?  YES, and I have no reservations about continuing this service indefinitely.



No comments:

Post a Comment